College Scholarship and Financial Needs
• US Department of Education – Application for Federal Student Aid On-line: http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/
• US Department of Education – The Hope Scholarship: www.ed.gov/inits/hope/
• Fastweb: http://www.fastweb.com/
• The College Board: http://www.collegeboard.com/
• The Smart Guide to Financial Aid: http://www.finaid.org/
• College Foundation of North Carolina : http://www.cfnc.org/
• Preparing Your Child for College: www.ncpublicschools.org/parents/college.html
The national PTA organization has adopted a resolution to combat bullying. The resolution states that the national PTA and its constituent organizations
• support policies and programs that address the prevention, intervention, and elimination of bullying;
• endeavor, via educational literature, programs, and projects for parents, students, and school personnel, to bring about an atmosphere of zero tolerance for bullying behavior, and an attitude that bullying behavior is unacceptable and will not be tolerated in homes, schools, playgrounds, buses, school activities, or any place children congregate; and
• work with the appropriate agencies and organizations in a national effort to inform the general public about the risks and cost of bullying for both the bully and the target, as well as those who witness bullying, and bring about a change in societal attitudes toward bullying.
Anti-bullying resources can be found at http://www.pta.org/
Information about Internet Safety and what you can do to protect your student is available through the NC Department of Justice at this website http://www.ncsbi.gov/icac/icac.jsp.